Steven M. Nuñez is a trial attorney who has spent 20 years representing individuals and small businesses in both complex, multi-party litigation as wells as personal injury litigation in both state and federal court. Using analytical skills, persuasive writing abilities and interpersonal communication, Steve seeks justice for his clients, who are generally brought to litigation for the first time by life altering events.
Steve completed his undergraduate studies at the University of California at Riverside in 1992, where he was an inaugural member of the University Honors Program. In 1995, Steve graduated from Columbia Law School, where he received a Human Rights Internship to work with DOAL, in Mexico City, after his first year.
Steve’s work accomplishments include obtaining a $10 million class action settlement on behalf of Ponzi scheme victims; obtaining a $7.5 million judgment as part of a trial team representing a hotel proprietor against his insurance broker; obtaining a settlement in excess of the $1 million policy limits of a historic Hollywood club on behalf of a patron injured in a near riot outside the venue; obtaining a settlement on behalf of migrant farmworkers subjected to a pesticide spray; and, doubling the award of victims of the September 11th tragedy before the Victim’s Compensation Fund in New York City, a feat for which he received commendations from the Consumer Attorneys of San Diego and the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
Steve’s commitment to making his community and the world a better place extends well beyond the courtroom. As a member and director of Old Mission Rotary Steve actively contributes time and money to support inner city youth in their efforts to attend college; to build shelter for the destitute of Tijuana; to contribute to health and well being projects for migrant workers in Baja; and to provide companionship and dinner to wounded warriors at Balboa Naval Medical Center, to name a few things.
Awards & Recognition Includes
- Outstanding service for September 11th Victim’s Compensation Fund, Pro Bono Legal Services – The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- President’s Star Award – Consumer Attorneys of San Diego – services for the September 11th Victim’s Compensation Fund
- Adjunct Professor – University of San Diego School of Law
- San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association Member – promoting diversity and supporting law students with mentorship programs and scholarships
- Casa Cornelia Law Center contributor of Pro Bono Legal Services to victims of human and civil rights violations.
- Rotary International District 5340 Assistant Governor – providing humanitarian services and encouraging high ethical standards in all professions
- President, Old Mission Rotary Club – supporting inner city you in their efforts to attend college
- Treasurer – San Diego Education Fund – providing scholarships, mentoring and counseling to first generation, ethnically diverse college students
- Donor 4 Life – San Diego Blood Bank
- Wounded Warriors at Balboa Naval Medical Center – contributing time and money to provide companionship and dinner to veterans
Spanish (fluent); English